Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Rss Bot

How to remove wrinkles in Photoshop

So, you want to learn how to remove wrinkles in Photoshop? This tutorial will show you how. Before we get started, let's talk about wrinkles for a bit. Personally, I love wrinkles. They make me think of the long life story of my subject where the folds and creases have gathered over the years. Also, they evoke a strong emotional connection between myself and the person I’m photographing and have carved out their own verbose corner in the English language. Laughter lines indicate happiness, puckered lips express love, and even a furrowed brow conveys a story from the past. 

However, many of us see it as a sign of aging and we use creams and ointments to rid ourselves of the pesky lines. We needn’t fork out for the latest fancy moisturiser when we have photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop CC. In this tutorial I’ll demonstrate how leaving skin texture alone, but parsing out some choice crows feet and toning down a few deeper folds can enhance our look. 

If you fancy expanding your Photoshop skillset even further, check out CB's Photoshop tutorials roundup for more how-tos.

It’s important not to completely remove all wrinkles, they add depth and dimension to the person, as a good portrait should. Leaving skin pores and facial hair (no matter how small and inconspicuous) is essential for natural-looking portraits. But with gentle use of a few handy tools, you can get portrait subjects looking like they’re well-rested, and if you’re lucky, a few years younger.

You can watch the above video for a step-by-step tutorial or read on for a written guide.

Read more:

View the full article