Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Rss Bot

Join the masters behind the Miniatures

The creative heart of Games Workshop, the Warhammer studio is inhabited by born storytellers; a diverse group of artists with exceptional abilities and a shared love of the worlds of Warhammer. Every day, their passion and creativity brings complex gaming universes to life – something you could soon be a part of. 

Right now, Games Workshop is offering talented creatives the chance to join its enthusiastic and inspired team, and forge a long, productive career in a world-class design and manufacturing studio. There are a number of positions available, all of which offer an amazing opportunity to be immersed in an unlimited world of creativity. Read on to discover the roles up for grabs, and, crucially, how to apply. 

Citadel Miniatures Designer

NgVzwPVYV7MDUyTSXkBkxB.jpg

The job of a Citadel miniatures designer is to realise characters, heroes and equipment in three dimensions, as the physical miniatures that the studio produces. Working to a brief, this role requires the creation of amazing models, which will be sold to customers all over the world. 

“Working as part of the Citadel Miniatures Design team is a fantastic experience," says Citadel Miniatures Designer Darren Latham. "Being in a creative role, surrounded by talented designers is hugely valuable in terms of developing my own creativity. You are constantly learning from others and sharing your knowledge as well. The team is only getting bigger and better because of this, which means our miniatures are always improving.”

Citadel Miniatures Conceptualiser

bzRr9GNdX5tYrPHZ5K2Q5P.jpg

The job of a Citadel miniatures conceptualiser is to excite world-class designers with ideas for new models, via sketches and drawings. A successful conceptualiser should be willing to experiment and be radical with designs and ideas, whilst remaining respectful of and informed by the existing backgrounds and stories from the Game Workshop universes.

"Being at the starting point of creating a miniature is great fun – you can let your imagination run wild to really explore new ideas," says Citadel Miniatures Conceptualiser David Ferri. "It's also extremely rewarding seeing how other members of the team expand on your sketches and ideas, and watching the direction they take when making the finished product." 

‘Eavy Metal Painter

tkCinWeVt3HRbJqeRgpaGY.jpg

The job of an ‘Eavy Metal painter is to amaze Warhammer fans by painting Citadel miniatures in remarkable and inspirational ways. The art is to convey the story of every model through its design, all while remaining faithful to the imagery, colour schemes and iconography of Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000. 

“Games Workshop allowed me to follow my passion in life and inspired me to be the best version of myself, in the best painting team in the world,” says ‘Eavy Metal Painter Natalie Slinn." 

If you like the sound of any of these jobs and feel that you have the passion and drive to be part of this world-class studio, apply today!

Trainee Citadel Miniatures Designers Talent Programme

Whether you are a traditional miniatures sculptor or a 3D artist using up to the minute software, everyone is welcome to apply to become the next generation of Warhammer miniatures designers

Once accepted onto the programme, the first assignment is to copy an existing miniature. If successful, the second assignment consists of reimagining an existing model, and showing an understanding of the core elements for that character by creating a unique physical miniature. 

“The great thing about the Talent Programme was the opportunity to get feedback from the artists that made your favourite miniatures," says Citadel Miniatures Designer Trainee Alessandro Columbo.

zFffBQHaJGFco2Zhz953i4.jpg

Fancy joining the Games Workshop Talent Programme and getting feedback from some of the best miniatures designers in the world? Apply here, or stop by our booth at Vertex 2020 to meet the team and find out more. 

Citadel Miniature Designers FAQs

cS7qBarGtPBgLF4yuS6XzD.jpg

Do I need to be experienced in 3D design software to be considered for the Trainee Citadel Miniatures Designer Talent Programme? And if so, which ones?

Not at all. Traditional physical sculpting methods and 3D design methods are both applicable.

Do I need to have made any miniatures before I apply to the Trainee Citadel Miniatures Designer Talent Programme? 

Yes, to be considered, you need to have demonstrated your passion for making miniatures by having a portfolio of your own work.

Do I need to be a hobbyist to work in the team?

No, not necessarily. Many of the team are hobbyists – painters, collectors, gamers, or all three. It would be hard to love Warhammer without channelling that love into the hobby, but not impossible!

Do I need to be an accomplished illustrator to be a successful conceptualiser?

No, far from it. We don’t need polished illustrations, it’s more important to be able to quickly communicate your ideas and visions in an inspirational, exciting and clear way. 

Do I need to have won a Golden Demon to be considered for the ‘Eavy Metal team?

No, but it wouldn’t hurt! The ‘Eavy Metal team is the best team of miniatures painters on the planet, and to be considered, you need to be that good. 

View the full article