Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
NickTheGreek

JPEG Autorotate

JPEG Autorotate

Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8

Ever had the problem of pictures taken in portrait showing up in landscape in emails, on your blog or on your mobile device? JPEG Autorotate is the solution. It's quick, it's simple, it's free.

Photos from most digital cameras already contain the information needed to rotate photos the right way up. This little app uses that information to automatically make sure your photos show up correctly everywhere. No need to do this by hand anymore.

Looking for developers! Please note: JPEG Autorotate is no longer being actively maintained by me. The source code is freely available on Git. If you wish to take over the maintenance, I will likely be happy to give over the ownership - it's just easy to understand batch and NSIS installer code. Open source experience can be an useful addition in your CV. Please contact me here if you're interested.

Mostly maintenance consists of forwarding bug reports over to jhead since all JPEG Autorotate does is execute something like "jhead.exe -autorot C:\Users\Pictures\*.jpg" anyway.

Facebook page of JPEG Autorotate

software_JPEG-EXIF_autorotate1.png
software_JPEG-EXIF_autorotate2.png

It adds right click menu items to Windows for folders and photo files (.jpg, .jpeg). Then you can effortlessly rotate, with no quality loss:

• single images,
  • all images in a folder
  • all images in a folder and in all its subfolders

according to the EXIF orientation metadata (stored in photos by most digital cameras).

More screenshots: Softpedia Photo-Freeware.net
Tutorial video: Softoxi.com

https://savolai.net/software/JPEG-EXIF_autorotate